We are home safely from the other side of the globe. Many wonderful memories are now stored for future mining when we have a quiet moment.
An interesting perspective for me is that my eyes have seen a big world through older eyes; I am in the last part of life and so how can this experience impact me and my world?
This travel has confirmed my opinion that most people yearn and work hard for food, shelter and companionship. Most want a sense of purpose and a connection with God. I have seen new peoples and new cultures, and have seen poverty and hope, despair and love. The shear number of people in the world is overwhelming and I must repeat the phrase that we are an island of wealth in a sea of poverty. There are so many wonderful people worldwide...I know that it is true that God loves His creation.
This section now is for my children:
I am so grateful for you, my wonderful family. I see that you all, without exception, work hard to serve your families, but then you have an additional perspective to serve others and to "give back". You have all lifted your eyes to a hurting world and obey a higher calling to give "cups of cold water" to those who need Living Water so badly. Do not neglect to keep watch around you, in your sphere of influence, to give a hand to those in need. For we are surely our brother's keeper.
This experience has strengthened my collected wisdom that time is short for all of us. We need to redeem the time. We have been given many gifts, riches, talents and education, and we need to share light with the world.
Jesus is the Light of the World. He shines brightly through His followers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment