We are now enjoying the wonderful privilege of being a part of the everyday adventures of Michael's family. Rwanda is a beautiful country with many people walking, walking. There are mosquito nets on all the beds which make me feel like Queen Sharaz. (David says, who's that? I say, I don't know.) There are few conveniences like dish washers and clothes driers and shopping malls but very nice and necessary conveniences like hired help who will go to market for you and get good prices on produce and also clean, soak and chop. We have very dependable and trustworthy help, but have visited with those who have had difficulty finding just the ones you would like being privy to your STUFF.
M & A hosted a family for dinner who arrived in country from North Carolina three weeks ago. It is a big adjustment for them which calls to mind the adjustment that M & A had to make coming here. But now M & A have friends and routines and purposes of life which make life more comfortable. The children have started school and have been greeted by very qualified teachers. They were happy to see friends who were gone for the summer. Malachi is in 7th grade, David in 4th, and Jeremiah is in 2nd. We often walk to the school which is 1/2 mile away.
I am helping shelve books from a new acquisition for the library...well, I am only trying to alphabetize a series of group reading books in the teacher's lounge. But I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Please mail 4 airline tickets, so we can join you. Ha ha
ReplyDeleteGlad you're having fun. Much love, Tomi and Jerry.